Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Set back.

So I woke up early-ish this morning prepared to start the day right with a run.  I sat down for a second and woke up three and a half hours later.  Fail.  I am feeling so exhausted today, it's ridiculous.  I work so incredibly hard during the school year that I usually spend my vacations sick.  I think my body was running off adrenaline for a bit, but the tension of the last few weeks of school is really catching up to me.  Sigh.  Domestic projects definitely cheer me up, but sometimes the idea of tackling a big task gets a little overwhelming.  So I'm going to tackle the huge project that is our office.  I actually did a pretty good job of organizing this office over Spring Break, only to box everything up because we put in new flooring.  Add to that my entire classroom full of materials that is currently residing in my car.  Next year I will be the reading coach at my school, so I won't actually have a classroom...so I need to figure out what I will need permanently and what I should just give away or even try to sell. 
Here arises a slight problem.  As a teacher (and even as a student) I have issues with getting rid of school supplies/teaching materials because I never know when I will need them.  I have absolutely no problem getting rid of everything else--to the point where my closet starts looking sparse and I have a carful of things to give to Goodwill every few months.  So I will be taking some before pictures and making up a pretty tight schedule, since I have to be back to work Monday to help with planning for next year.  So wish me luck and let me know any tips/ideas you might have.  On a positive note, I'm sure all this moving/organizing can count as a workout...

Sidenote:  I've gotten so many messages telling me that people cannot post.  I'm seeing this firsthand.  If you cannot post a comment as anonymous, just keep sending it to me and I'll take note.  Thanks for trying!

Things to look forward to:  I'm experimenting with a pain au chocolate recipe (it's taking forever) and roast vegetables are happening sometime this week.  Check back soon!

No comments: