Monday, June 13, 2011

Starting over, yet again...

So, day one of summer: every teacher's dream=dieter's nightmare. Confession: being a food addict makes dieting impossible, so I turn to the only sane way to lose weight--weight watchers. Anyone who will let me bargain exercise for more food is ok with me. So far, so good. I've had success with weight watchers before, losing over forty pounds when I was in college, but I fell off the wagon when I began teaching (three years ago!) and have hovered at my "just 10 more pounds" weight for about a month now. So here we are: day one of summer and the possibilty of sitting here and gaining weight for the next two months is just not an option. Two weeks from now I will be in a bathing suit in front of a few dozen or so of my coworkers and I will be feeling better about my body.

Last summer I was taking three classes and working at the school on a variable part-time schedule. I'm not sure how flexible my schedule will be this summer, but I am only taking two classes and a few professional development courses. One key to my past successes has been to keep myself to a strict schedule, so I will attempt to recapture that success and personal organization this summer.

Here is the schedule for today:
6:30 AM--Morning run (this is somewhat of a misnomer, it is more like a ru-walk since I cannot run for more than one full minute at a time anymore--or should I say yet?)

7:30 AM--Breakfast: I made an egg substitute omelette with a slice of American cheese on top of a Western Bagel Alternative Bagel (total of 6 points with some cuban coffee)

8:00-12:00--"working" on my online class whilst rotating laundry, dishes and watching the cooking channel.

12:00 Noon--Lunch: Looking forward to a pantry raid because we are currently low on everything...possibly going to pressure cook some dry black beans and start some chicken in a slow cooker for some enchiladas/burritos for dinner...I've got some tortillas and some butter lettuce for wrapping.

1:00-2:30--finish up all classwork and start the mission that is cleaning floors with two dogs in the house.

2:30-4:30--full on cleaning and housework

4:30-6:00--husband comes home and dog walking--get a few more activity points

6:00--Dress up dinner and relax for the evening. Will post recipes at the end of day.

No comments: